Meant to be


 I think the universe is trying to tell me something.  Just after I had posted this  on Wednesday, I found a chair over at my local Goodwill.  I had always been on the look out for these types of chairs and never seen one until now.
It was a little more than I usually spend on a thrift store piece, so initially I walked out of the store without purchasing this little beaut. 
 But after I got home, I couldn't stop thinking about it. I believed it was the universes way of telling me I was ready to attempt re-upholstery.  So I packed up my little one early this morning and arrived just as the store was opening.  It was right where I had left it, just waiting for me take it home.
I love the tufting, is that what it's called? Anyway I really want to try this!  The fabric is less than desirable, so a trip to the fabric store is in my near future.
Wish me luck folks! 
Hope you all have a fantabulous weekend :)

6 comments:

  1. I have a chair in my bedroom very similar to this one. It too needs an update on the upholstery. The finish is in great(like new) shape. I don't think it was ever used for actual sitting. Please do some step by step instructions on your adventure. Maybe I'll get up the courage to do mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to see what you do with it! My dad has 2 of these chairs and I have been wanting to recreate them for a while... I will stay tune :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I wasn't brave enough to attempt the tufting on my chair...best of luck in your little project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool chair! Can't wait to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo, this looks fun! Can't wait to see how it turns out! And thanks for stopping by a dash of parsley!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was meant to be! Can't wait to see what you do. How exciting. Your daughter is adorable! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment