Urban Park Chairs

I bought these chairs from a nieghbor during our annual neighborhood yard sale.  You could tell they had been neglected and left out in the rain.  But they had great potential, they look just like the chairs in Bryant Park in NYC.  Which go for over $100, I might add. I scooped these babies up for a grand total of $10!  That was 2 years ago, they have been sitting on my porch ever since.
Meet my chairs~
So yesterday I finally got the urge, during my sweet girl's nap, to take them out back and give them a make over.  I used my trusty old can of oil rubbed bronze spray paint, and some oops paint I had on hand.
First I sanded down the wood slats in the seat and on the back. Then I taped off the slats and spray painted all the metal parts. Next I primed the wood with oil based primer. When the primer was dry,  I brush on two coats of paint.  Sorry I don't know the name :(.
Here she is all taped up. Ready for paint.

Here's what I ended up with.
 Cute little chairs all ready for my lady friends coming over for a party this weekend.

*Remember, send me your before/after pictures. I'm starting a new post featuring one new blog/person every week!

PS. You don't have to have a blog to send pics :)

Link parties
http://www.somewhatsimple.com/2010/10/sys-blog-link-party-with-befunky.html
http://www.theshabbychiccottage.net/2010/10/transformation-thursday-oops-edition.html

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE those chairs! Especially after they were painted that color! Jealous! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog and glad I did. Love the chairs. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am so jealous of those chairs- what a bargain!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually liked the before . But, I LOVE the after! I wish I could find some of these cutie pitutie bistro chairs at a yard sale!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment