Lampshade Upgrade

I know this has been done all over blog land, but I this is my first attempt at a lampshade re-do.
  I took an ordinary lampshade off a lamp from Ikea, and wrapped it in burlap. I plan to spray paint the base in the near future

Here is the plain white shade before

 Basically, I cut the burlap the same size as the lamp shade.  Folding the edges of the burlap around the base of the shade, I hot glued it the the inside of the bottom of the shade.
Pulling it taut, I glued the burlap around the top. 
It was a little rough around the edged so I 
 glued a little trim to the top rim, left over from this chair

Happy Thursday

4 comments:

  1. It looks great! The trim is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fab, well done on your first go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just have to love what burlap can do. Looks great. I still haven't attmepted a project like this. Maybe one of these days.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment