Painted Bathroom Door

This is the entrance to the half bath right off the kitchen.  I wanted to give it a bit more character with some white and grey paint.

I'm still working on the re-do of the bathroom interior.  I will get a chance to work on it this weekend, since my girls and my husband will be gone for a couple days.


The original color of the door was this lovely orange wood tone which dominated our early 80's home when we first bought it.  I've since painted it all white.  Check out my kitchen.
 

My door already has the recessed rectangles, but I have seen people do this with tape and a ruler.
This would also look good in an upstairs hallway, you could paint all your bedroom doors.

See that little blur running through the bottom of the picture? Not a ghost, just my baby girl.

5 comments:

  1. I do like the character this adds to the door. Ya got me thinkin'. Blessings, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing that Gray and White can't improve - someone mentionned it's becoming my signature colors lol
    I think it look just beautiful!
    Your daughter looks a lot like Casper lol
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey that looks fabulous! We just pulled 9 interior doors and almost 1500 sq ft of base boards all original to the home since 1973. Talk about yucky brown compressed wood covered in a plastic "wood grain" sheeting and hallow doors... It's all white now but we haven't painted anything yet... this is very interesting. I love the way it brings out the depth of the door.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your door is so pretty and I love your colors! I also love the framed art in the hallway! Have a great Friday!

    Kathy
    http://pearlsinparadise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love it! I like wood but sometimes it just doesn't work well in a space. The door is perfect now!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment