Time

Wow, I really can't believe how long it's been since my last post.  This used to be such a creative space for me.  But in the past couple of years, my priorities have changed.  But I guess that's what happens in life, as the years go by, so do our interests.

This used to be a space for me to write about my furniture and decorating choices. But if you've been here awhile you know that I've switched over to photography.  I no longer paint furniture, and I really miss it. Not so much the looking for it or the hauling it, but I miss the process of changing something that someone threw away into an item that someone would pay $300 for.  It's really an incredible way to earn a little extra money.

When I started doing this, Miss Mustard Seed was still brand new. And I am one of the thousands that was inspired by her style.  Over the next few years I painted and sold many, many pieces.  But as I popped out one baby after the other, I realized this was something I could no longer keep up with.
On another note, as my children got into school age, we realized we wanted to home school.


We focus a lot of time on being outdoors and learning from our environment. It's amazing to watch children thrive in a real world environment.  We choose to go a different route when it came to home schooling, but more on that later.
Other than all of that going on, my photography business is thriving and I couldn't be happier.  This has been a passion of mine since I was a young adolescent, and being able to earn some money while doing something I absolutely LOVE is an incredible feeling.  
So I've decided I will pop in from time to time to talk about life, photography and home schooling.
What do ya think?!  Will you follow along?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment